What is One Winter Night?
Troop 9 is participating in this event.
Several Scouts showed an interest in being a "box dweller" and it's perfect timing since it's the weekend after Klondike. So sleeping out in the cold will be old hat for them! Each Scout and Scouter who participates will receive the Messenger of Peace emblem to be worn around the purple WOSM patch on the uniform.
Here are the details:
- Scouts and Scouters should RSVP via the Signup Genius link below
- Scouts who participate should solicit donations from friends and family.
Donation link is below. A great goal is $50!
- We will meet Friday February 1st at 5:00pm at the One Winter Night event headquarters in downtown Champaign.
- From there we will go to our designated spots to set up our boxes
- Boxes and tape will be provided
- Scouts should wear cold weather clothing and bring their cold weather sleeping gear
- One small meal will be provided by Champaign/Urbana Canteen Run
- Breakfast will be provided Saturday Morning at the Daily Bread Soup Kitchen
- The event headquarters will be open all night with snacks and warm drinks to warm up as needed
- Throughout the evening, CU At Home will feature presentations at the event headquarters from local experts about homelessness in our community
- Event staff and security personnel will be on sight all night
Signup Genius Link
Link to make a donation - share with friends and family
Link to CU At Home page
Link to One Winter Night Event Page